This is such an easy, delicious and healthy dinner or lunch. Even my Italian pasta loving husband raved about it. It's just the right amount of spicy and sweet and has some yummy hidden flavors.
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts chopped very small
- 1 cup of minced baby bello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup crushed sliced almonds (I used honey roasted)
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Crushed red pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 cup Trader Joe's Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (separated into two 1/4 cup measurements)
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 Cup Quinoa (See cooking directions at the end)
In a ziplock bag toss the chopped chicken breast with the garlic, salt, crushed red pepper, honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and soy ginger vinaigrette. Let it sit for about 10 min. In a skillet heat the olive oil on medium, saute the onion till it turns clear. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add the entire contents of the ziplock bag along with the left over 1/4 of soy sauce. When the chicken is almost done add the crushed almonds. Adjust with more pepper flakes, salt or soy sauce depending on taste. Serve warm over crisp lettuce leaves and top with warm cooked quinoa. Enjoy!
Quinoa cooking directions:
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
Bring two cups of water to a boil, add the quinoa and reduce temperature to a low simmer. Cook for 12-15 min. Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 min. For this recipe I added nothing I wanted it plain with the chicken, but you can add anything you like to quinioa, garlic, onions, black beans (my husbands favorite) you can even use it as rice for stir fry (my favorite!).